June 11, 2007

misQuote of kinds

‘Political party leaders should have patience as people are not getting busy for the elections,’ he said --- wrote a reporter, quoting an election commissioner. But why should people get busy with elections? The election commissioners are still there, alive and kicking. People can at best become impatient or anxious about why elections are getting delayed. Nothing more, on part of the voters.

A man who had to stomach a great many bad words after he had said something in public much later said, 'It is dangerous whether I talk or not.' --- wrote another. A simple inquiry revealed what the man had said: 'I am at fault if I talk and I am also at fault I do not.'

Quotations tend to get distorted on their way from one language to another, when the agents are weak in, almost, both of them.

No comments: